Sunday, January 19, 2014

{Shanghai} Starbucks Desserts


Hi Friends!

Somehow the it is snowy again in Buffalo, whenever the weather is chilly it makes me just want to stay at home I have a temptation to write a post......OK, today I would like to show you some interesting desserts in Starbucks in Shanghai. You may think: who hasn't been to Starbucks?? Well, Just like KFC and McCafe, Starbucks also have totally different items catering to local people's preferences, and some of them are even seasonal. Believe it or not, the food I am showing you right now are all winter 2013 menu items, and Starbucks China is launching new things for the spring. 


I tried three desserts (well one bite of each ^ ^): White chocolate & cherry swiss roll, Chocolate raspberry napoleon and Chestnut cake. I have to say all of them are stunning, and I am especially a big fan of the chocolate raspberry napoleon. Napoleon is a classic french pastry, and it is also called mille-feulles, or thousand leaves, and it s usually filled with whipped cream, pastry cream, and fruit preserves. I truly enjoy the flavorful bite coming along with levels of elements out of it. Somehow for whatever reason I seldom see supermarkets selling this crispy and yummy dessert in US! I couldn't understand why such a tasty item was totally ignored. Or, maybe I am the only one who likes it? 

By the way, Chinese lunar calendar new year is coming soon and Starbucks introduced many gifts featuring the year of Horse. They are so cute! I wanted to buy some while my two big suitcases were just filled with Chinese food that my mom has prepared for me. How can I argue with my beloved mom to leave me some space...?


Anyway, I wish you all stay warm, and enjoy the beautiful moments in your life, with your beloved ones. 













This picture was downloaded from Starbucks China official website. 


No comments:

Post a Comment