Sunday, August 11, 2013

{Milwaukee} Creamy Blue


Several weeks ago I spent a terrific weekend meeting my old friends from different school time in Milwaukee and Chicago. I always feel life is so magical that people from corners of the world can know each other, leave each other, and meet each other again. As you can imagine, my trip was filled with lots and lots of talks to catch up with the tiny details of everybody's life. 


Talking about Milwaukee, the city was far beyond my expectation - my impression of the city was full of manufacturing sites and old concrete buildings. However, it turned out to be quite a cozy place to live - many restaurants, festivals and impressive architectures waiting for you to discover. Since the day I visited it was super windy so I did't stay outside. At least I got a chance to see the Milwaukee Art Museum on the lake shore - what a gorgeous & stunning art work! Ohhhhhh yes I didn't forget to take a chance to enjoy a nice brunch in the chilly wind - Cafe Central , as it states in the website, "Located on the corner of KK and Lincoln, this unique destination boasts one of the city's largest bier books and longest bars". Since I came to US I only ate brunch once (hard to believe but I am an early morning person and breakfast is the thing that motivates me to get up!!). It was quite eye-opening to try a little bit of every brunch dish such as Scotch Egg or Quiche. I have seen people done that in Chopped, Iron Chef or Food network star, but it is totally different to try and see by myself. 

Sincerely, don't miss Milwaukee if you happen to visit Chicago!





Hot Chocolate


House-made sugar donuts with sweet berry cheese. 


Quiche Lorraine - The classic quiche: cream, egg, bacon, onion and Gruyre cheese. Served with rosemary potatoes.  


Scotch egg - Beef sausage wrapped hard cooked egg rolled in bread crumbs and fried. Served with garlicaioli and a petite arugula salad. 


Smoked Salmon Plate - Thin sliced smoked salmon, capers, red onion, hard boiled egg, dill cream cheese and toasted marble rye points. 





1 comment: