Monday, October 21, 2013

Corn Bread for the Fall


Hi Friends:) 

I haven't updated my blog for a while because my lovely work keeps me busy and feeling ful-filled, which is great. However, I have never forgotten that I have a little personal project going on here and reminds me live in the moment. When the calendar flips to November, the holiday season is done the road, and YELLOW is definitely the color for the season, so when I think about what to cook I am trying to use ingredients with yellow such as pumpkin, squash and corn. So here comes the corn bread which I think is the perfect comfort food for this chilly time. Also, it tastes so yummy with a little bit strawberry jam, huhuhu.
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup corn meal
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 teaspoons baking powde 
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup soft shortening

 Steps:

  1. Stir the ingredients together
  2. Bake in a loaf pan for 25 minutes at oven temperature at 425F. 
That's it! Isn't it simple? 



















1 comment:

  1. Ah, Lingling, I love the way you combine the culinary arts with the photographic.
    Blessings,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete