Sunday, July 14, 2013

{Rochester} Cherry, Cheers!



Cherry is one of my beloved fruits (part of the reason is because it sounds like "Cheers") on the planet and I got to see so many of them yesterday. Back to my high school time, not many supermarkets in China were selling this kind of fruit except for Walmart, and it was so expensive ($7 per pound!!!) that I couldn't ask my Mom for them very often. I could only got a special treat of eating cherry before the National College Entrance Examination. 

I had a fun & hard working afternoon at G & S Orchards, a 150 acre family farm for cherry & berry picking with my friend Feifei. We both got a bucket and started the cherry picking journey excitedly. Most cherries on the lower branches have been taken out so it was quite hard for us to reach to higher branches. Now teamwork started: I pulled down the branches slightly and Feifei would focus on getting the cherries. We purely immersed ourselves in the process until we realized we got that many!

It is a great activity for family and friends, and I have some tips especially for girls:
1. Bring a ladder;
2. Put as much suncream as you can if you don't want to get tanned;
3. Take a camera with you since you don't want to miss the scenery!

Have a nice new week, everybody!













2 comments:

  1. A very pretty yellow and blue flower among the reds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve,I try to match my outfit with the scenery:)

      Delete