Wednesday, July 10, 2013

{Annapolis} Navy Blue


Having been living in coastal cities in China until I came to US, I have always had a heartfelt love for the blue ocean. The first fairy tale that my father used to read to me was Daughter of the Sea by Anderson (and later I found out I and Anderson were born on the same date). 

Known as the capital of Maryland and American's Sailing City, Annapolis is my favorite city in US (not one of) so far. Needless to say, it has a very beautiful name that attracted me before I actually visited it. Then I fell in love with it when I saw the gorgeous shoreline, the cozy city atmosphere, the boutique stores, and the salty wind enriching the flavor of the fresh air. 

The afternoon I visited Annapolis was quite chilly and a little bit gloomy, while it didn't cover any beauty of the town. The sun glare was sparkling over the water and the ships were drowned in a blue haze. If you have the chance to visit Annapolis, don't forget to try the crab cake!






1 comment:

  1. Lovely photographs; the top one is particularly cute. :-)

    Do check out the Lake Ontario beach and Charlotte Pier on the west side of the Genesee River.

    ReplyDelete