Friday, January 17, 2014

Healthy Irish Yogurt Bread


Hi Friends,


Can't believe a week has gone again! I have been extremely busy during the week participating project meetings for the new year, and it was a lot of fun! Now it is time to relax and bake. I have been searching for many recipes which are healthier and lighter, and I believe girls are all the same - we always want something to treat ourselves but don't make ourselves guilty and regretful. I found this super easy yet very light recipe and I cannot wait to try it even though I am already super tired after back-to-back meetings today. I promise you it tastes like a traditional cake which consists of butter + sugar + whole bunch of flours, BUT if you see the recipe you won't be concerned to have more bites!


By the way, I got this super cute and stunning Starbucks candy mug from my co-worker as a Christmas gift, absolutely love it! 2013 has been an amazing year and I got a lot of love, help and encouragement from a lot of beloved ones. I am sure 2014 will be even amazing too!








Ingredients:


1 3/4 cups all purpose flour

1/2 cup dried currants or raisines
1/2 teaspoons baking power
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 container lemon burst, orange creme or french vanilla yogurt
2 table spoons  vegetable oil

Steps:

1. Heat oven to 375F, lightly grease botton and side of 9-inch round pan with shortening.
2. In medium bowl, mix flour, currants, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In small bowl, mix yogurt and oil; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Spread in pan.
3. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center coms out clean. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or cool. 

Enjoy the bread and enjoy your weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment