Sunday, January 5, 2014

Simple Joy - Chocolate Chip Cookie


Hi Friends!

I hope you all had a very joyful Christmas and New Year vacation! what's your festive surprise and sheer exciting moment? I know it has been a long time (again) that I haven't updated my blog, which was because I had a great time in December travelling back to Asia. My trip schedule was pretty tight: Vietnam - Korea - Shanghai, China and my hometown Fuzhou, China. This past holiday season for me is not about gifts or good foods (I mean they are still important), but the time I was able to spend with my parents. Since my college time, every year I can only spend 2-3 weeks at home either because of internships or school projects, and the time became even less after I came to America. So I really value my time to talk and eat with my parents & grandparents. 


I truly wanted to share what I have found interesting during my trips, and I visited many, many, many...fine cuisine places which delights my entire December, however, for some unknown reason I couldn't visit my blog in China (just like I couldn't even use Facebook in China), so I have to change my photo sharing place to Instagram. 


So, keep in touch via Instagram as well, you can follow me by finding "linglingchenjourney". 




good news is, you probably will see many new posts in January and I have thousands of pictures in my SD card:). OK, now I would like to share with you a very quick and easy festive dessert - chocolate chip cookie. This is a baking done even before I went back to Asia and yet I haven't realized that I didn't post it on my blog. Everybody will love this chocolate indulgence and it will add a bit of sparkle to your table when there are guests visiting.  


Ingredients:


2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups NESTLÉ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts


Steps:


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.




















No comments:

Post a Comment