Saturday, March 29, 2014

{China Highlight} A Set of China


Many of you know that China is the fastest growing economy entity in the world, but do you know "China" got its name from a small town called "Chang Nan" back to 18th century? At that time, a set of plates and dishes from Chang Nan were exported to Europe since people valued them a lot. Over the time, people called these plates "China" according to where it came from, and then more and more people called the country "China" since it was known for producing those previous and luxury plates. 

When I was in China in December, my father took me to a museum & restaurant house where many award-winning China plates and dinner dishes were exhibited, and I got to have the opportunity to eat with these very elegant tea cups, plates and bowls. Can you believe a set of these China dishes is even more expensive than one of my MBA classes? 






No comments:

Post a Comment