Sunday, July 7, 2013

Escape to the Farm - Public Market



Sometimes I really doubt if I am a modern-time girl - this old-fashioned farmer's market is just far more attractive to me than those overwhelmingly huge shopping centers in NYC or Los Angeles. I enjoy so much indulging myself with all kinds of fragrances from fruits, vegetables, honey and various wines. Sweet and floral, these are most gorgeous smells in the world. 




I am not a good cook, while I do love watching all the TV shows in Food Network, including Iron Chef, Master Chef & Next Food Network Star. These days I have been very addicted to a show called "Chopped". There are three rounds - appetizer, entree and dessert. The participants need to create fine cuisine with four secret ingredients in each round within a very short of time. This is definitely very challenging to candidates' creativity, presentation, skills sets and the capability to work under pressure - that's why I couldn't stop watching it - until I make myself very hungry. 

I truly believe that a love for food is a love for life. Only when you take a sensitive mind to enjoy it, life can be vivid and lovely. 

Thank you Rochester.

Love, 
Lingling


















4 comments:

  1. You have a fine eye for photographing food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Steven! That's a very nice compliment from a professional like you. I am doing it fun a do not have much knowledge still. I am using an Olympus epl2 with a 14-42mm lens. And the AUTO function is used most frequently:). I would like to have more communication with you since we are both in Rochester:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I shoot with a digital camera like my Canon Rebel XTi I leave it in aperture priority. Essentially I decide the depth of field I want and let the shutter speed take care of itself. You can experiment by taking exactly the same shot with different apertures from wide open to stopped down as far as it will go.

      I'll be at Image City Photography Gallery on Friday for the opening reception. Stop by and say hello. http://www.imagecityphotographygallery.com/Shows/201308show/

      Delete
    2. Wow I didn't know about the activity before. I will look up my calendar at let you know if I will go:).

      Delete