Friday, July 19, 2013

{China Highlight} Back to Yangshuo


If you ask me for suggestions to travel in China, I will give you many names other than Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. You may have seen many fancy cities full of skyscrapers and concrete building, while there are so many small cities or counties that give you totally new experience in China. Yangshuo is one of them. 

This charming town is in Guilin Province (near to Vietnam) and it is known for the mountains and rivers. From ancient times, Chinese people see mountains and rivers very noble so we have a saying that "Benevolent delight in the mountains and the wise in the water". Since 1980s, Yangshuo became popular with foreign backpakers

If you are a naturalist like me, spending some summer time in Yangshuo is terrific. Lie down in a bamboo raft, feel the coolness brought by the water and enjoy the night life at West Street, a place full of bars and snack booths. I have been to Yangshuo twice back to 2011 (as you can see I still had short hair), and I felt it is never enough to stay there more!













This is the mountain in RMB!!










2 comments:

  1. I especially like the shot of you seated on the raft. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steven, I love that one the best too. I am wondering how will the scene look like in your camera:)

      Delete